The DAG Tech IT Asset Management Program (DAG Tech AMP) is an important part of an organization’s strategy.
IT Asset Management or ITAM
AMP helps organizations effectively track and centrally manage their IT assets. It saves time and money by eliminating unnecessary purchases and wasted resources.
DAG Tech AMP Advantages:
- Real-time web based asset control
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) due to reduction in lost assets
- Cloud-based digital download locker
AMP is a two stage process:
Stage I On-boarding process
- Setup company in AMP or apply additional seats
- Asset discovery and research
- Add assets to database
- Add backup information (digital receipts, emails, attachments)
- AMP software hosting
- Access to DAG Tech procurement team
- Determination (version types)
- Action plan and cost (research, proposal)
- Procurement of standardized assets
- Installation of upgrades/ downgrades
- Final modification to the initial asset data base. New TCI
- DAG Tech Approval for AMP
IT asset management (ITAM) is the set of business practices that join financial, contractual and inventory functions to support life cycle management and strategic decision making for the IT environment. Assets include all elements of software and hardware that are found in the business environment.
IT asset management (also called IT inventory management) is an important part of an organization’s strategy. It usually involves gathering detailed hardware and software inventory information which is then used to make decisions about hardware and software purchases and redistribution. IT inventory management helps organizations manage their systems more effectively and saves time and money by avoiding unnecessary asset purchases and promoting the harvesting of existing resources. Organizations that develop and maintain an effective IT asset management program further minimize the incremental risks and related costs of advancing IT portfolio infrastructure projects based on old, incomplete and/or less accurate information.